Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

Lou Cox

Warm Embrace
Lou Cox will be exhibiting with Kennett Road artists in Headington 17th-26th May, 12-6pm.

Lou will be exhibiting beautiful sculptures of the female form and sculptural lighting in porcelain and clay.

The sculptural light pictured is called Warm Embrace and is hand built in white clay.

Lou explains: "This sculpture had many inspirational starting points. I am interested in how birds flock together. I looked at starlings and admired the way they dance with each other at sunset. This is called a murmuration and is one of the most beautiful natural experiences. I love the way the birds glide and swoop in group formation and by uniting together the birds are safe and protected from predators. I was also partly inspired by my dear grandfather, who introduced me to nature and taught me about the stars and galaxies."

"I create sculptures that offer a sensory experience. The use of light, warmth and textures can also be enjoyed by a person with visual impairment."

Warm Embrace is a unique sculpture and glows beautifully when lit up; come and see for yourself at 13 Kennett Road in Headington, Oxford, 17th-26th May, 12-6pm.

For more information and commissions email LouCox.Art@live.co.uk